Wednesday July 6th 2011 5 P.M. PST/ 8 P.M. EST
June 30, 2011
Hello my name is Rodney Washington Creative Marketing Strategist, Author, Teacher and Business Coach and I want to ask you a few questions. But, before I do I want to tell you a little about me. For the past 14 years I have worked as an independent web & content producer, writer, photographer and internet marketing strategist.
I have literally helped dozens of people in the following areas:
- Massage Therapists
- Dozens of photographers
- Children’s Book Illustrator
- Cupcake baker
- Jewelry Designer
- Men’s Accessory Designer
- Boutique Owner
- A mixologist
- A living (raw) foods coach
- A reinvent your life coach
- A body stories coach
- Music producer
What’s the one thing they all have in common?
I helped them develop or improve their presence online!
So now I want to ask you a few questions:
- Do you struggle when it comes to marketing your business online?
- Are you tired of trying to figure out how to reach the right people with your message?
- Are confused about whether you need a blog or website?
- Do you wonder whether you should use Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter?
- Do you know how to build and grow an online mailing list? And if so, how often should you communicate with your subscribers?
- Do you find yourself overwhelmed and constantly struggling to get your marketing activities completed because you either get lost doing business work -or- your confused about what to do?
If you can relate to any of the above questions I want to tell you that Support is Here!
Having helped literally dozens of creative people develop their presence online over the past 14 years I find that there are 6 elements you need to have all working together to have a truly successful online presence.
1. First you need a platform in this case a blog preferably a WordPress blog. WordPress is one the easiest platforms for blogging on the internet. Millions of people and millions of dollars are made everyday with a simple WP platform.
WordPress is easy to set up, easy to design (when you know what you’re doing) and more important easy to update literally unchaining you from a web designer.
2. Second you need a compelling offer. What is a compelling offer? Think of your compelling offer as your first introduction to the audience you want to attract and more importantly connect with. Literally your compelling offer can be a host of easy to develop products or services.
For example: a video or video series, a special report (sometimes referred to as a white paper), a podcast or MP3 interview, a complimentary consultation even a physical product like a book, CD or DVD or a combination of any of these.
3. Third a lead capture system – Having a blog and a compelling offer is pointless if you have no system to capture leads. What will a list of targeted leads give you? Simple. Leverage. Think about it. How would it feel to write a simple email and press send and receive immediate responses that will fill your next event or see orders coming into your inbox for your latest product or service?
A well defined and targeted list can do this for you. And the best part you can get started for FREE!
4. Fourth, a presence via social media – like it or not your customers and clients are using social media. And if they aren’t currently they soon will be. Having a active presence on social media is fast becoming the new currency.
Recently I heard a leading expert on the subject tell an audience of entrepreneurs that in the near future companies will begin rewarding people based on their presence and activity on social media. If you aren’t paying attention, soon you won’t be able to avoid it. It’s no longer about if you should use it, but how and which platform you should be active on.
5. Fifth you need to take control of your day so you don’t waste time – All of the these tools are wonderful and if leveraged properly can go a long way towards helping you grow your business online. In my experience it’s not your choice of tools but what you do with them. But which ones should you be using and in what order? And which ones should you avoid?
Now more than ever it’s crucial that you get in control of your day so you’re not wasting time on non-income producing activities.
6. Sixth get a handle on overwhelm and any marketing reluctance issues otherwise you won’t put yourself out there in a big enough way to reach the people who need your services and products. I hope you realize it’s not what -or- who you know it’s what you do with the resources you have.
The biggest issues that typically trips up (especially the newly self-employed) is fear, overwhelm and procastination. Try to ignore these issues as much as you like but if you don’t get a handle on your emotions nothing you learn will help you long term.
If you’re ready to take control of your business and get the tools you need to create and build a successful online presence. A business that connects you and what you offer with customers, clients, buyers, collectors, new students or whatever you’re offering you don’t want to miss my new FREE Webinar I’m hosting on Wednesday July 6th at 5 P.M. PST/8 P.M. EST –
6 Steps To A Successful Online Presence
To secure your space all you have to do is enter your name and email address this the box below and you’ll automatically be RSVP’d to the event. For doing so I would like to gift you access to 10 FREE Videos! Part of my new Clarity Into Profits Series.
PS: Make sure you stay on until the end of the webinar because I’ve got an exciting announcement that I’m going to reveal during the session. So do what you can to clear your calendar and attend the live session.
“Working with Rodney was a wonderful experience. He is a brilliant combination of business savvy and artist. Rodney is extraordinary at helping “creatives” like myself. He is the go ‘between’ who knows exactly how to put structure around our gifts. He uses his marketing genius to take what we want to share with the world and get it to the people who most need our services”. ~Dr. Elizabeth Lambaer Inspirational Speaker, Television & Radio Talk Show Host, Author & Vitality, Vibrancy & Youthfulness Expert